Summit Thrift & Treasure Volunteers
Volunteers are essential to the Breckenridge and Dillon Summit Thrift & Treasures’ success. The revenues from the stores are used to support FIRC’s emergency assistance and parenting education programs, so we work very hard to keep costs low. As a result, we rely on a very small staff and volunteers to organize the store and sort donations.
- Sort donations
- Organize the racks and shelves
- Hang clothing
- Other duties to assist manager
How to Volunteer:
Volunteers are welcome at Summit Thrift & Treasure in Breckenridge and Dillon during our operating hours. Volunteers can stay anywhere from one hour to six hours. If you are available, please call ahead to notify the staff at 970-423-6444 in Breckenridge or 970-262-2461 in Dillon or for more information contact Anita at 970-455-0223 or email [email protected].
Join the STT volunteer club:
Volunteers who join the Summit Thrift and Treasure (STT) Club and volunteer 10 or more hours a month qualify for STT benefits including $40 of STT Club Bucks to use at the store or to donate to your favorite FIRC program. Work in the thrift store is very hands on, so please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Reasons to volunteer at Summit Thrift & Treasure:
- It is the biggest volunteer need at FIRC
- Volunteers are key to the store’s success
- Staff members in Dillon are bilingual in English and fluent in Spanish so it’s a great opportunity to practice a second language.
- The staff at the stores are a wonderful group who enjoy making work fun.
- The schedule is very flexible, even if you can just help for an hour it makes a difference
- You will stay busy and see your accomplishments
- Volunteer hours count for community service