Volunteer at Summit Thrift and Treasure
Volunteer at Summit Thrift and help those in need. Volunteers are essential to the Breckenridge and Dillon Summit Thrift store success. The revenues from the stores are used to support FIRC’s emergency assistance and parenting education programs, so we work very hard to keep costs low. As a result, we rely on a small staff and volunteers to organize the store and sort donations.
As a volunteer, we ask that you help us in a variety of ways so that the thrift stores run smoothly and efficiently. In both the Breckenridge thrift store and the Dillon thrift store, we ask that you help us with:
- Sorting donations
- Organizing the racks and shelves
- Hanging clothing
- Other duties to assist the manager
Call us to Volunteer at Summit Thrift
Volunteers are welcome at Summit Thrift & Treasure in Breckenridge and Dillon during our operating hours. Volunteers can stay anywhere from one hour to six hours.
If you are available, please call ahead to notify the staff at 970-423-6444 in Breckenridge or 970-262-2461 in Dillon.
Join our volunteer club
Volunteer 10 or more hours a month to qualify for Summit Thrift Store (STT) benefits including a $40 gift card to use at the store. Work in the thrift store is very hands-on, so please wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
Reasons to volunteer at Summit Thrift & Treasure:
- It is the most significant volunteer need at FIRC
- Volunteers are vital to the store’s success
- Many staff members in Dillon are bilingual in English/Spanish, so it’s an excellent opportunity to practice a second language
- The staff at the stores are a wonderful group who enjoy making work fun
- The schedule is very flexible. Even if you can help for an hour, it makes a difference
- You will stay busy and see your accomplishments
- Volunteer hours count for community service
- Expand your network in Summit County